Monday, August 9, 2010

went to chicago



in a van





with my friend





if i was crying





it was for freedom





from myself and from the land.


my best friend, no, my brother, griffith, needed to go to chicago to pick up his visa from the spanish consulate today. in need of adventure i tagged along. it was the perfect experience - just what i needed. we probably spent more time driving to and from than actually visiting the city itself, but the conversation and brotherhood flowed with every mile, only pausing to listen intently to a new tune and to draw blueprints for the world's coolest treehouse. we talked about careers, girls, bands, bounced around ideas to solve inner city poverty. we swapped music, randomly paid the toll for the person behind us, and tested $200 pens. we drank a mixture of every fountain drink from a massive double gulp, and tried to see if we could make it on one tank of gas. we did. and i felt like a kid again.

you came to take us
all things go, all things go
to recreate us
all things grow, all things grow

4 comments:

  1. Me-See the first picture. Chloe-"what? why did you gasp? What is it?". Me-"Oh. My. GOODNESS". Chloe-"What??? What is it???"

    Nice beard my friend.


    also, nice pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these make me very happy, tucker. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this beautiful post made my heart happy. :) i'm glad you had such a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete